Article 1 (General Rules)
- This agreement establishes user compliance items when using common account services based on JaM id (hereinafter referred to as “common account service”) which is issued by East Japan Railway Company (hereinafter referred to as “our company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), as well as individual services (hereinafter referred to as "client services") offered by us or providers we have selected (hereinafter referred to as "designated service providers") that are used through the common account service. By using the common account service and client services (hereinafter collectively referred to as "this service"), the user agrees to the terms outlined in this agreement.
- This agreement applies to all users who use this service.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The meanings of the terms in this agreement are as set forth below.
- "User" means an individual who uses this service by agreeing to this agreement and registering after undergoing prescribed authentication.
- "Common account service" refers to services such as JaM id issuance, registration information management, and user authentication.
- "Common Account Service Website" means a website that shows how to use a common account (here).
- "Client Service" means the service provided by us or the designated service providers through the Common Account Services, and the scope thereof shall be shown on the Common Account Service website.
- "Designated service provider" is a business entity that is approved by us through a prescribed procedure and sells products or provides services by itself through common account services, or mediates the sale of products or services to others.
- "Our Payment Service" is the payment service used when a user pays compensation to us or a designated service provider for client services.
- A "Target Transaction" is the transaction between the user and us, a designated service provider or a third party mediated by the designated service provider that occurs in connection with the use of this service.
- A "Registered payment method" is a payment method such as credit card, Mobile Suica net payment information, etc. registered by the user in the common account service in order to use this payment service.
- "Mobile terminal" means a smartphone, tablet or other terminal owned by the user and used when using this service.
- "Anti-social forces" refer to crime organizations, gangsters, those who have not been a gangster for less than five years, associate members of gangsters, companies affiliated with crime syndicates, corporate extortionists, racketeers disguising themselves as political or social activists, violent groups using special intelligence, etc.
Article 3 (Handling of Users Using Ringo Pass)
Article 4 (Issuance and Coordination of Common Accounts)
- We will issue to the user a common account that allows users to log in to client services based on the conditions stipulated in this agreement.
- The user can use the client service through the authentication of the common account by sending the authentication information of the common account to the client service according to the method described by us.
- The user shall use the client service at his or her own risk, and we shall not be liable for the content of and provisions offered by the client service.
Article 5 (Use of this Service)
- When using this service, the user must register the information (email address, password, etc.) necessary for opening an account on the common account service in advance, obtain the prescribed authentication, and open an account.
- If necessary for the user to use this service, information related to payment methods (credit card information (name, expiration date, card number and security code), mobile Suica net payment account information, etc.) and Authentication medium information (transportation IC card ID information, etc.) shall be registered in the common account service.
- Explanations on how to use a client service shall be explained separately by each client service to the user.
- If the registered payment method is a credit card, payments made using this payment service will be handled as one-time payments only.
- Any communication charges incurred when using this service shall be the responsibility of the user.
- Persons or companies who are considered anti-social forces cannot use this service at all.
- Regarding the use of this service by the user, if the user is suspected of malpractice, or if we determine that it is necessary to investigate the facts due to the way the user is using this service, we can ask the user about the facts as well as request the user to present information related to registered payment methods, identity verification documents, as well as other documents deemed necessary in order to investigate. The user shall cooperate in the investigation and we may terminate the user’s common account service as a result of the investigation of the facts.
- If the use of this service is terminated based on Article 9 of this agreement, the user cannot re-register and use this service again.
Article 6 (Use of the Common Account Service, etc.)
- When a user establishes his or her own account for the common account service, the user shall register true and accurate information. In addition, the user shall always keep the information registered in the account accurate and up-to-date, and if there is a change in the information, the user shall promptly change the registered contents following the prescribed procedure.
- The user shall not engage in any acts that may threaten the security of the account or any other fraudulent acts.
- All rights and obligations related to the account belong to the user of the account exclusively, and the user may not transfer, lend, or pass on these rights and obligations to a third party.
- The user can request the termination of the account by following the designated withdrawal procedure. If the user is requested to close their account, the service will be discontinued and the user’s account information will be deleted after a certain period of time. However, if there is a transaction in the client service that has not been paid, the account information will be maintained until the payment is completed separately.
- If the user's account is abolished based on this agreement, the user will not be able to use this service.
Article 7 (Cancelling or Rescinding Target Transactions, etc.)
- Even if the refund is approved by the procedure in paragraph 1, the user cannot request a cash refund from us or the designated service provider.
- If any trouble related to cancellation or any other trouble related to the transaction occurs, the user shall resolve it with the support of the client service.
Article 8 (Management of Mobile Terminals)
- The user shall manage this service appropriately at his / her own risk by setting a password on the mobile terminal so that it will not be used by a third party.
- If the user loses his or her mobile device or the device is damaged or stolen, the user will immediately contact us and take steps to close their account.
- In the case of the preceding paragraph, the user is responsible for performing the procedure to lock the mobile terminal by contacting the telecommunication company of the mobile terminal, and contacting the provider of the registered payment method in order to suspend the use of the registered payment method.
- Except for cases of intentional or gross negligence of our company, if the user's account is misused by a third party due to loss, theft or any other reasons, we will not be held responsible for the damage caused by the misuse.
Article 9 (Suspension of Use of this Service, etc.)
If any of the following actions apply to the user, we shall be able to suspend or discontinue the user’s ability to use all or part of this service.
- When false or inaccurate information is given to us during the registration of an account or when submitting user information for other reasons, or when the registered information needs to be changed but the change is neglected.
- When you violate this agreement or other matters specified by us in relation to this service
- When using this service without adhering to the prescribed rules of use
- When the registered payment method is suspended
- When the registered payment method is illegally issued, or when the registered payment method is used for illegal or dishonest purposes.
- When the obligation to pay the provider of the registered settlement method, etc. is neglected for the target transaction
- When using this service for the purpose of cashing or other fraudulent or dishonest purposes
- When a situation such as a declaration of foreclosure, bankruptcy or civil rehabilitation occurs that is deemed to have significantly deteriorated the user’s credit status.
- When we judge that the user’s use of this service corresponds with the previous items and is not appropriate.
Article 10 (Interruption / Termination / Change of this Service)
- The Company shall be able to suspend all or part of this service without notifying the user in the event of any of the following reasons.
- When a malfunction of or problem with the system, server or communication line related to this service, or a breakdown or failure of equipment, etc. occurs.
- When performing maintenance, inspection, repair, changes, etc. on systems, servers, communication lines, and other equipment related to this service.
- When this service cannot be provided due to fire, power outage, etc.
- When this service cannot be provided due to the circumstances or judgment of the companies offering the registered payment means or its affiliated companies.
- When the designated service provider cancels the target transaction.
- When this service cannot be provided due to force majeure such as natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods, wars, riots, labor disputes, and changes in laws and regulations.
- When the Company determines that it is necessary to temporarily suspend this service due to operational or technical reasons.
- When the Company determines that it is necessary to temporarily suspend this service in other cases related to the preceding items.
- The Company shall be able to terminate or change all or part of this service at any time by notifying the user in advance. However, if the impact on the user is minor or if it contributes to the convenience of the user, we may change it without notifying the user.
Article 11 (Our Disclaimer)
- Our company shall not be held liable for any damage that may occur to the user or a third party when a part of our service or the entire service is stopped, suspended, cancelled or changed due to reasons outlined in the previous two articles.
- Even if our company is liable for damages to the user based on this agreement or laws and regulations, the liability for damages is limited to the amount of the target transaction related to the occurrence of the damage. However, this does not apply to damages caused to the user due to our intentional or gross negligence.
- We cannot guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, up-to-dateness, usefulness, reliability, or legality of the content of this service as well as information the user obtains through this service, and we cannot guarantee that the aforementioned content does not infringe on the rights of third parties.
- We cannot guarantee that this service does not have any practical or legal faults (including faults related to safety, reliability, accuracy, effectiveness, security, etc., as well as errors and bugs, and infringement of rights). We also cannot guarantee that there was / is / will be no unauthorized access to the system by a third party.
Article 12 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- All rights related to all resources that make up this service belong to us or a third party who has such rights, and the user can only use this service.
- The user shall not infringe any intellectual property rights including ownership rights, copyrights, trademarks, as well as image rights, publicity rights, and content material in relation to this service without our permission.
Article 13 (Changes to this Agreement)
We shall be able to change this agreement without the consent of the user after giving a notification on the common account service website, and, unless otherwise specified in this agreement, this change will be considered effective once the change has been made and shared, and is viewable on the common account website. After the change, only the new agreement will be valid.
Article 14 (Protection of Personal Information)
Article 15 (Compensation for Damages)
If the users actions cause damage or result in a risk of damage to our company due to an act that violates this agreement, or an illegal or improper act, we will stop the act and claim compensation for damages incurred to us.
Article 16 (Governing Law, Jurisdiction)
- The governing law concerning this agreement and this service shall be Japanese law and shall be interpreted in accordance with Japanese law.
- The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive mutually agreed upon court for any disputes between us and the user regarding this agreement and this service.